No announcement yet.

{The List} General Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea 5: 100ish civs would be good, but I would like to have Caravans again.

Idea 6: For the purposes of this game, I think we should be in control of things like the professions of our citizens. I do like the idea of each citizen having a nationality, a religion, and a profession, and more.

Idea 8.1: I'd like to be able to build more than one temple in the same city, but would there still be cathedrals or would their effect change?

Comment

Brent ,
      1.Well, in reality STATES didn't make Caravans - caravans made free traders like Marko Polo. Of coure , it is much harder to release this idea in game , but there is no light ways ! Per Aspera ad Astra !
      2.Our control of the professions should be depended from the government type. E.g. HOW can you FORCE someone to have some profession under modern democracy ? And how you would be able to make a hi-tech scientist in poor 3rd World states ? I think it is better to make a "population AI" , who will generate more or less useful professions , so you wouldn't have worry about that.
      8.1. I think that every propagandical building (like cathedrals) should make a "propaganda points" - kinda resource , like electricity in Red Alert (you can't use it but from it's size depends something). Of course , the more cathedrals\temples\colloseums you build, the more propaganda points (and ,as a result ,less unhappy and more happy citizens) you have.
      With respect, STALINGRAD

Comment

Ah and I forgot to mention about one idea , that is very valuable as you already have huige empire (of about 20 cities or more). Pattern of a city developement . I think it is really hard and boring to build in EVERY city "defendingUnit1-barrack-granary-marketplace-cityWalls-temple-factory-bank-..." scheme. So my idea is to make some pattern and add to city option "pattern option" - you choose one of the saved patterns and your city developes by this pattern scheme.
        With respect, STALINGRAD

Comment

Re: Professions: fair enough.

Re: City Patterns: could be good.

Comment

Originally posted by $TaLuHgPad
            Brent ,
            1.Well, in reality STATES didn't make Caravans - caravans made free traders like Marko Polo.
            That's not always true, especially when it comes to ancient Mesopotamia, Syria, Crete.

And I'm very much in favour of multibuilding stuff
            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

I have an idea.
              You see, in civ, You don't know what game is the sav, until You open it. I think it would be very nice if it was like in Imperialism II,
              when if You click on a sav, You get information about it, and a screenshot of the game.
              Middle East!

Comment

Good idea!
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I have another one. They should hire me as a consultant for the civ4 project!
                  Middle East!

Comment

Hey, I've got ideas too! So they should hire me too!

Comment

Sorry, I was first.
                      Middle East!

Comment

How about a "historical replay" function where once you have quit or won you can watch the game replay from the beginning (without black areas) with stop and zoom abilities? It could become a way to show others what you accomplished, and watch the AI reactions to your moves.

Comment

yes, I liked historical replay in civ1
                          Middle East!

Comment

? How do you mean that? I mean, we have it in Civ3 already... (BTW, I liked it too)

Comment

Not sure if this has been mentioned

When a City is managed by the Governer there should be an option to switch to building a Worker if the city will lose a Citizen due to low food. There should be 3 options, Automatically Switch, Prompt or No Action.

Comment

looks like a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X